Prep, prime & protect your skin with Sormé June 21, 2017 07:00
The most common discussion we have with women is that their skin is very sensitive and therefore they either can’t wear makeup or they wear very little. Our first response to this is “how old is your makeup”? Are you cleaning your tools and brushes correctly, and do you know what ingredients are in your makeup that could be irritating your skin? So many women are guilty of this, we tend to keep our makeup in cosmetic bags for months or even years!
Every one of your cosmetic products should have an image of a little “bin” on it and it will have a maximum time period on the product as to how long one should keep it for. Take a marker and add the date once you have opened it. Discard your old makeup that has been sitting in your cosmetic bag for years and start fresh!
Prep: when last did you clean your makeup tools and brushes?
If you are the only one using your brushes, do you need to clean them? Yes! Your brushes will last longer if you look after them well by cleaning them every two weeks. In addition to cleaning your brushes it is essential to keeping your makeup kit hygienic.
Here are some tips! Wash your brushes in the palm of your hand using a few drops of brush cleaner, or baby shampoo. Add a few drops of water to work up a lather on the brush, and rinse gently with warm water. Dry them off with a towel and let them hang off the edge of the counter to dry. Be gentle with your brushes, never submerge the full brush in water, but rather keep the brush upright when washing them.
Choosing a makeup brand?
Ensure that you choose a makeup brand that is of high quality, with skincare ingredients, that will nourish and protect your skin. One that is hypoallergenic and includes antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Make sure that you are aware of the ingredients in the product before purchasing, and educating yourself in identifying harmful ingredients. Sormé Treatment Cosmetics is a brand that approaches makeup from a skincare point of view formulated with clinically proven anti-aging peptides, natural antioxidant botanicals, sunscreens and the finest colour pigments available.
Prime: the right complexion
Your complexion products are the secret to a great look, so get the basics right from the start. Analyse your skin type and choose your products accordingly. Depending on your skin type choose an oil free one or an anti-aging Primer. What does a primer really do? A primer hydrates and firms your skin before you apply your foundation. It creates a lovely smooth, silky finish on your skin and longevity for your foundation.
Protect: choosing the right foundation is easy if you know how
Apply foundation on your jaw line, and match the colour in natural light. The foundation that “disappears” on your skin without blending it in, is the right shade for your skin. Find out what your dominant undertone is, you will either have a combination of pink/yellow or blue/olive. This plays an important role in choosing your foundation.
There are also different types of foundation, the common liquid foundation, a powder foundation with a gorgeous silky finish and then also a BB Cream.
What is a BB Cream? It’s a tinted moisturiser with a sun protector. Our BB Cream has a SPF 30 and contains nourishing Argan oil which is ideal for young women to apply daily, and for women who prefer a light, dewy finish.
To ensure makeup longevity and freshness, choose a powder to set your foundation. The colour of the powder is important as it will adjust the colour of your foundation slightly.
Do you ever get that eyeshadow crease half way through the day?
This is caused by an oil build-up on the eye lids. Sormé has a fabulous product that solves this problem – Under Shadow Eye Shadow Base. It’s an eye lid primer that you dab onto your eyelids to neutralise darkness, veins and redness so that your eye shadow colours will look rich and true. It holds your eyeshadow in place all day and improves eyeshadow blend ability! Plus this product can also double up as a concealer. It’s a must-have in your makeup kit!
Sormè Ultimate Pro Tips – Primer and Foundation May 25, 2015 21:34
Flawless Application with Sormè Primers and Foundations
There is more to creating a flawless look than great makeup...using quality products help!! However, even an excellent product can be used poorly.
The goal of these articles is to give you the professional application tips and techniques to make the most of your desired Sormè looks. Here are some easy and simple steps to follow for that great flawless look. (Just like the professionals do it!)
Step One - Primers:
- Start with a clean, moisturised and toned face. I love the Refineè Skincare range, as it is so beautiful and fresh.
- Apply Fresh Start Primer with a brush or sponge. One pump should be enough for the face, neck, and décolleté. (Do not use too much or the Aloe in the product may congeal on the skin, which can then result in an uneven application and streaking). Great for men after shaving! I even got my man to try it!
- Undershadow Primer should be used with a concealer brush; It should never look like a white cream on the skin but rather be blended out to a soft powder finish. Use this Undershadow Primer over dark circles, blemishes, rosacea, and hyper pigmentation to lessen their appearance under foundation. I uses this especially for my dark rings under my eyes and it works well.
Priming the skin creates a flawless canvas on which we can apply foundation for a flawless finish!
Step Two – Foundation:
- Apply Mineral Illusions with a foundation brush or sponge. I always used to use a sponge but must say swopping over to a brush was fantastic.
- Apply Mineral Secrets with a Powder of Kabuki Brush, except when heavier coverage is needed, then apply the powder with a sponge and blend with a brush. Use Mineral Secrets as a setting finish over Mineral Illusion if you want to powder your foundation. This does create a beautiful finish.
- Believable Finish Powders can be applied dry and with a brush, dry with sponge or wet. The key is to wet the sponge and not the product. If you use the product wet, you will achieve a fuller coverage. Contains some oil and should not be used over a liquid foundation.
Look out for our next blog where we will share tips on using blushers and the first steps for fabulous eyes!